Article processing charges (APCs)
Polarforschung is committed to the open-access model of publishing. This ensures free web access to the results of research and maximum visibility for published papers.
Publication of all kinds of contributions in Polarforschung is free of charge for authors. The costs (article processing charges) of the review process, typesetting, web publication, and long-term archiving are covered by the German Society for Polar Research (DGP) and the Alfred Wegener Institute Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research (AWI).
What is included in the article processing charges?
- all online tools for authors and reviewers;
- professional processing of figures;
- typesetting, editing, and formatting in PDFLaTeX;
- English language copy-editing;
- immediate open-access publication of each article;
- article alert service;
- indexing in international scientific databases and reference services;
- long-term e-archiving via Portico and CLOCKSS as well as printed archiving via copyright libraries worldwide.