Manuscript evaluation criteria
During the review process the referees are asked to take into account all of the following aspects:
- Does the paper address a comprehensive scientific topic within the scope of Polarforschung?
- Does the paper follow the rule of the journal stating that unpublished data should not be used?
- Are the findings sufficient to support interpretations and substantial conclusions?
- Do the authors give proper credit to related work?
- Does the title clearly reflect the contents of the paper?
- Does the abstract provide a concise and complete summary?
- Is the overall presentation well-structured and clear?
- Is the language fluent and precise?
- Should any parts of the paper (text, figures, tables) be clarified, reduced, combined, or eliminated?
- Are the number and quality of references appropriate?